PROCEDURE TIME: 2-5 HRS
RECOVERY TIME: 7 DAYS
MOMMY MAKEOVER BELLEVUE
Motherhood brings many changes to your life. Largely, these changes are rewarding and happy. However, one change that comes with motherhood is the changes to the body. Many women do not like the way that pregnancy and childbirth altered their bodies. They often wish to have their pre-baby body back. Dieting and exercise can improve a woman’s body following pregnancy and childbirth. However, it cannot remove extra skin or repair separated muscles. This is where many women turn to mommy makeover surgery. Dr. Ludwig Allegra at Northwest Face & Body performs the best mommy makeover Bellevue offers.
WHAT IS A MOMMY MAKEOVER?
A mommy makeover is a plastic surgery that combines multiple procedures into one surgical session. What makes this different from other combined procedures is that a mommy makeover specifically targets areas impacted by pregnancy and childbirth, namely the breasts and abdomen. Dr. Allegra may address other areas during a mommy makeover. Despite this, the core concept of the surgery is that it includes a breast and abdomen procedure.
Many changes occur during and after pregnancy. Firstly, the skin and tissues stretch to accommodate the fetus. Hormones commonly cause the breasts to get bigger. These processes can lead to stretch marks and extra skin that a good diet and exercise cannot get rid of.
Next, women do usually gain weight during pregnancy. While this will vary between women, some may have problems losing weight after having children. Fat tends to collect in the abdomen and weakened muscles make it harder to lose with traditional methods.
Finally, once pregnancy and nursing cease, the structures of the body often attempt to go back to their original positions. This can cause extra skin, saggy breasts, and a general deflated look to the breasts or abdomen.
How Can A Mommy Makeover Benefit After Pregnancy?
Every woman’s body will differ after having children and, therefore, so will every mommy makeover surgery in Bellevue. Not every woman will require a breast lift or muscle plication, while other women may need these procedures. There are many concerns and issues that a mommy makeover can address. Among the benefits a mommy makeover may deliver include:
- Lifting and repositioning saggy breasts
- Removal of excess skin in the breasts or abdomen
- Repairing separated abdominal muscles
- Restoration or increase in breast volume
- Removal of diet and exercise resistant fat
- Tightens loose skin and abdominal muscles
- Alteration of nipple or areola size and placement
WHAT DOES A MOMMY MAKEOVER INCLUDE?
As previously discussed, a mommy makeover can include a variety of different procedures. The only commonality is that each mommy makeover includes breast surgery and tummy surgery. Every mommy makeover patient will have unique goals and needs which may require a different combination of procedures.
Mommy makeover procedures may include:
- Breast Augmentation: Using breast implants, Dr. Allegra can restore breast volume lost due to pregnancy and nursing. Saline and silicone breast implants can offer a natural look that rejuvenates the breasts and creates a fuller look. Fat transfer to the breasts may also be an option for some patients.
- Breast Lift: A common complaint women have after nursing is that their breasts are no longer perky. Sagging does occur with age and over time, but pregnancy and raising a child can also cause breast ptosis. Dr. Allegra will remove extra skin and unnecessary tissue to create a perky, lifted breast. He will likely also reposition the nipples for a more natural, flattering position.
- Breast Reduction: Conversely to breast tissue loss, occasionally, the breasts remain larger than before having children. This also may contribute to breast sagging. A breast reduction surgery may correct this and restore proportionate breasts. It can also alleviate uncomfortable side effects of overly large breasts.
- Nipple/Areola Reduction: Along with nipple repositioning, Dr. Allegra can address concerns with nipple or areola size during a mommy makeover. If you feel that your nipples or areolas are too large, or have become inverted, Dr. Allegra can repair this during a mommy makeover.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck–whether mini, standard, extended, or reverse–removes extra skin and tissue from the abdomen. It may also repair the separation of abdominal muscles which commonly occurs during pregnancy. This creates a flatter tummy and promotes a renewed figure.
- Liposuction: Commonly combined with a tummy tuck, liposuction removes excess fat from the body. It can improve contours and sometimes reveals muscle definition. Dr. Allegra can perform liposuction on almost any part of the body that harbors additional fat.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: While not commonly part of a mommy makeover, some women choose to enhance their buttocks. A Brazilian butt lift, or BBL, uses liposuction to harvest fat and then transfers it into the buttocks. This can achieve a larger, rounder behind that especially complements tummy tuck results. It can also fill in hip dips.
BEFORE AND AFTER A BELLEVUE MOMMY MAKEOVER
Choosing to undergo a mommy makeover in Bellevue is a difficult decision that warrants care and patience. At Northwest Face & Body, Dr. Ludwig Allegra and the entire team provide a comfortable environment where you will never feel pressured into making a decision. Dr. Allegra is happy to answer all of your questions and walk you through the procedure. He wants you to have a full understanding of the procedure before you leave the office.
Preparing For Surgery
The first step in preparing for a mommy makeover is to find out if you are a candidate for the procedure. Dr. Allegra can determine this during a consultation. At a consultation, Dr. Allegra will evaluate your medical history, lifestyle, and anatomy. This will allow him to decide whether you are a good candidate for a Bellevue mommy makeover.
If you are a good candidate, Dr. Allegra may use Vectra 3D imaging. This can help you choose breast implants and digitally replicate your expected breast surgery results.
Following the consultation and if you choose to proceed, you will then attend a pre-operative appointment. At this appointment, your pre-operative coordinator will provide you with instructions for preparing for your surgery. Even before this appointment, Dr. Allegra may request that you stop smoking. Smoking can slow down or hinder the healing process and puts patients at a higher risk of complications.
Otherwise, routine directions often include:
- Stopping or altering certain medications if possible
- Making the necessary arrangements for childcare, a caretaker, time off work, etc.
- Do not eat or drink for several hours before surgery (usually at least eight)
- Obtain medical clearances if necessary
- Shower the night before or day of surgery
- Wear loose fitting clothing that you will not need to pull over your head
- Avoid painkillers with ibuprofen or aspirin for a few days before surgery as these can thin the blood
Mommy Makeover Surgery
Your mommy makeover surgery will take place in our state-certified ambulatory surgery center. After a preliminary exam and markings, a licensed anesthesia provider will place you under general anesthesia.
Dr. Allegra will then begin the procedure. The order he performs the procedures will vary based on the surgeries included. Generally, Dr. Allegra will begin with breast surgery and work his way to the abdomen.
If placing silicone breast implants, Dr. Allegra will use the no touch method to minimize the chances for outside contamination. He will also use the smallest possible incisions and hide them in natural creases of the body.
Based on your procedure, Dr. Allegra will explain the surgery to you in detail and the expected results. Since every procedure differs widely, he may use a variety of surgical techniques.
Recovering From Plastic Surgery
A mommy makeover recovery–like the procedure itself–is highly individualized based on your healing process and the procedures performed. Patients can expect at least one week off from work and at least two weeks of minimal exercise. Dr. Allegra will likely request that you refrain from strenuous physical activity for up to six weeks.
The first day after your recovery you will need a caretaker to take care of you. You will likely feel tired and groggy and may need help doing daily activities for the first 24 hours. During this time, you are encouraged to get up and walk every few hours as this promotes healthy circulation.
Patients usually return to work and most of their daily activities in about two weeks following mommy makeover surgery. Depending on the specifics of your surgery, healing process, and lifestyle, this timeline may vary. Staying in contact with Dr. Allegra and attending post-operative appointments allows you to return to activities as soon as possible.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What Is The Price Of Mommy Makeover?
Considering the customized nature of a mommy makeover surgery, there is no set price. The cost of a mommy makeover will depend on the procedures you need and individual factors. Dr. Allegra will provide you with an accurate price quote at a consultation.
In the meantime, you can explore our offered procedures and get preliminary price quotes from our Price Simulator™. This can allow you to understand the starting cost of single procedures. You can also visit our price list.
Are Mommy Makeovers Safe?
For ideal candidates, mommy makeovers are perfectly safe. Combined plastic surgeries are common and there is usually no significant elevated risk. For some patients, it may not be safe to undergo a long surgical session like a mommy makeover requires. In these cases, Dr. Allegra may recommend splitting the procedure into two or more surgical sessions. He may also determine you are not candidate.
Largely, a mommy makeover is a safe surgery. It allows patients to recover all at once. Additionally, patients only go under general anesthesia once which can reduce overall anesthesia risk.
How Long Is The Surgery?
A mommy makeover may take anywhere from two to six hours depending on the procedures and number of procedures involved. Mommy makeovers are longer surgeries and it is important that patients are good candidates for a long surgery.
Can Cheek Filler Help Eye Bags?
Cheek filler comes with many unexpected benefits. For example, in some patients, lifting and augmenting the cheeks can make eye bags less prominent. Some patients can also opt for tear trough filler which fills in the under eyes to treat eye bags.
Dr. Allegra works with multiple financing companies to make funding your mommy makeover simple. You can find more information and links to apply on our financing page.
Should I Lose Weight First?
Losing weight may promote better mommy makeover results. If you have weight you want to lose before the procedure, you should do so. Generally, you should be within ten to twenty pounds of your goal weight by the time you have your mommy makeover.
THE TOP DESTINATION FOR A MOMMY MAKEOVER IN BELLEVUE
Northwest Face & Body is the top destination for plastic surgery on the Eastside. Situated at Carillion Point in Kirkland, the office is a short drive from both Kirkland and Bellevue. In our state-certified surgical center, we perform plastic surgery procedures specially catered to each unique patient.
Dr. Allegra offers over thirty years of knowledge and experience in plastic surgery to his patients. He custom caters every procedure and utilizes high tech tools like Vectra 3D imaging to provide patients exceptional care at every step of the process.
To learn more about mommy makeovers and schedule a consultation, call us at 425-576-1700. You can also contact us online via our contact forms, Price Simulator™, or chat.